Home Page Forums Technical Discussion Wifi iplay 40H drop outs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Wifi iplay 40H drop outs
|
2022-01-15 22:05:39
Starter
#1F
Replies: 3 | Views 1930 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 2

I’ve bought a few of these tablets, my first one was a iplay30 pro for myself, then friends and family wanted one but stocks of the 3- pro were limited so they bought 40H’s instead on my recommendation.  For the record I still prefer the 30pro – brighter screen, headphone jack, and mostly better wifi.

One of the 40H’s in particular keeps losing wifi, happens most in the afternoon/evening – it’s not their router because when they brought it to my house it does the same thing.

Like I said, I’ve had a few alldocube tablets and I know the wifi isn’t the best – especially when new they seem to drop out a lot, but for some reason it does get better.  But even if there’s problems early on they self reconnect eventually, except this problem one.  This particular problem 40H is just the worse though, 3 weeks later still drops out a lot, and in the afternoons drops out every few minutes, and this one never self reconnects, always needs to search and prompt for password (can just skip that as unchanged, but it prompts for it)

None of the other tablets (my 30pro, the other two 40H) do this.  I’ve made sure all settings are the same, this happens in the owners house and my house, so not the router and lastly I’ve have had drop outs in the other alldocubes but not so frequent, and not failing to reconnect so much!  I’ve tried other settings but still the same, I’ve waited out the time period where things normally improve but they haven’t.

E:  I can have this particular problem 40H in the same room as my 30pro and a family members 40H and this problem one is the only one that loses wifi, so it’s not range/interference from outside etc.  And again that would be annoying, but it’s going to be the only one that loses signal, and every single time, the only one that prompts for password – ie can’t self reconnect.  But forget the others in case you’re thinking of interference from each other, I could be alone with this particular faulty tablet all day and this would be the only one that dropped wifi and can’t self reconnect.  I bet my 30pro wouldn’t drop wifi because it’s better, I bet the other 40Hs I have access to if they did drop wifi would self reconnect.

Is it a dud, can I force it to 2.4ghz wifi to help?  I’ve tried everything else – multiple reboots, changing mac or other settings I could access, repeated password entry/re-entry, router changes.

I like my 30pro (bought direct from A-E alldocube store, but how do I live with a flakey 40H with this fault (and others)?  I bought this one from banggood and they are useless for returns/help.

2022-01-18 11:55:09
#2F

Hi,
I’m experiencing the same WiFi disconnect problem on my iPlay40 Pro (3 tablets), while I have no any WiFi problem on my iPlay20 / iPlay20 Pro (4 tablets)

1 – Please, Which firmware have you installed ? Is it the last one ?

2 – I’m also not able to Share Screen to TV (tested on more TVs), while iPlay20 (Android 10) have no any problems with same TVs. Are you experiencing the same problem ? Can you test it ?

Starter
2022-01-21 20:56:14
#3F

I think I found a work around for it.  It seems to connect using 5ghz signal and when that’s weak or it switches over  it drops out.  Something is really weird because it keeps looking for a better connection (like neighbours password protected wifi).  I think the password error is something to do with this.

It never happens on my 30pro, always automatically connects, never asking for password.  Even the 40H doesn’t prompt when first switching on.  I think the password prompt is because it’s wandered off looking at someone else’s password protected wifi. Every time it has failed it seems to have another (not mine, not authorised)  locked wifi router saved, ie I have 2 saved networks but more ones keep being added by the device, networks I never tried to access or join.

Anyway, I have noticed it keeps my wifi connection better and more stable when it connects at 2.4ghz, and I think it’s losing it only when trying to get 5ghz or switching between them – trying to always get the strongest signal (sometimes that may be neighbours which I don’t have the password for of course).  I haven’t found a setting on the iplay 40H to only connect 2,4ghz, so my work around in on my router itself.

My router as default puts out a single SSID with both 2,4ghz and 5ghz but has a setting to disable automatic band steering.  This means instead of my router having a single ssid with both bands on one SSID, it will have the old plain ssid retain only 2.4ghz only and add a new ssid for 5ghz (in my case same ssis but with ‘-5g’ appended to the SSID.

With those router settings and double output I transferred all my wifi for my PC, desktop, laptop etc to the new SSID’-5g’ to keep the high speed, and now only ever connect the iplay40H to the old plain ssid, which is now 2.4ghz only.  That’s better than constant drop outs at least.

I wouldn’t say the iplay 40h’s wifi was weak, it just can’t hold 5ghz and always on the hunt for another stronger signal.  I wish there was a way to change device settings and stop it constantly scanning or something, something firmware related like someone else mentioned.

I hope your wifi router for others has a similar setting where you can separate 2.4 and 5ghz signals/ssids and choose what each device connects at to alleviate the constant dropouts until there’s a proper fix.

E: for question above, my Firmware is stock; as is, because I was going to return it if I couldn’t work something out.  I don’t have a smart TV sorry.

2022-07-01 18:20:16
#4F

Hello

I’m experiencing the same WiFi disconnect problem on my iPlay40H while I have no any WiFi problem on my smart TV, smartphone and notebook. The strange thing is that I have no disconnection problems with iPlay40H connected to my office wifi, but only to my home wifi.

Have you find same solution for fixing this problems? Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW