Home Page Forums General Discussion iPlay20 tablet – few solutions for some problems:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
iPlay20 tablet – few solutions for some problems:
|
2020-11-14 23:40:31
Starter
#1F
Replies: 6 | Views 6622 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 3

Problem 1 – random freezes and restarts

At first I thought my tablet was faulty. It restarted up to 3 times per day. I tried all the available firmwares but problem persisted in all of them. Fortunately I decited to install another launcher (first Poco and finaly Nova launcher) and set it as default. Problem with freezes and random restarts disappeared in newest firmware as well as oldest one. I think the launcher in firmware is not the best and causes some unstability of system. Try this solution if you have a problem with stability of system.

Problem 2 – lack of gesture control

I like gesture control very much and I found somewhere in internet an easy solution to bring this gesture control back.  The solution works even if you are on latest firware and you have eg Nova launcher installed.

a) Enable usb debug in “Programmer settings”

b) Install adb in your computer

c) connect your tablet to youur computer and allow usb debugging by your computer

d) In search text box write cmd

e) In pop up window change dir do adb using “cd..” and “cd adb” commands

f) Write “adb devices” to ensure that connection with your tablet is established

g) Write

adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

to enable gesture control.

Write

adb shell cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

to disable gesture control.

You can also always come back to 3 button control in your system settings of your tablet.

I hope above hints will be useful for other users of iPlay20 tablets.

Greetings,

Greg

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-11-15 08:12:13
#2F

Wow, I registered just to thank you for bothering to tell us. The missing gestures really were a nuisance. Much appreciated.

I’m using an open-source lawnchair-derivative launcher called lawndesk on this tablet; some non-critical bugs (like search icon slightly misaligned with letters in its own search) but nice customization and functionality overall. It’s now a week and it’s been going smoothly.

Starter
2020-11-15 16:01:18
#3F

I am glad to hear this 🙂

I spent over week to find all these solutions. I am happy I can help someone.

Greetings

Greg

2021-05-09 11:59:13
#4F

Does this result in Android 10 style gestures or the older one with the pill and back button?

2021-06-18 12:37:41
#5F

Thanks for this!

2021-07-25 02:06:44
#6F

Quote #5F by @toptom:

Thanks for this!

GREAT…  do refer to this video. it works. 🙂

https://youtu.be/rjC3ZovXXSs

2021-08-05 14:49:04
#7F

just registered here to say thank you. Gesture control made my day. Unfortunately, if you have more users on the tablet, it only applies for the primary account, but hey, it’s me 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW