Home Page Forums General Discussion iPlay 20 Pro – OTG USB hub issue?

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
2020-12-17 20:05:14
#11F

Iplay 20 PRO ➡️ [usbC-usbA adapter]  ➡️ [OTG usbA adapter]

➡️ usbA mouse:not even the mouse lights ?

➡️ Midi Adapter usbA :works ?

Weird

Gummy Bear Solid
2021-01-31 03:16:24
#12F

I’m leaving an update for whomever may need this information in the future: the USB-C to micro-USB adapter arrived, so I used it to connect the iPlay 20 Pro to my Y-split Ethernet/micro-USB cable and… it works!

I’m able to connect the tablet to the internet via Ethernet cable and charge it at the same time, which is all I needed. I tried to watch some content and, while the charge is slow, it’s definitely enough to keep the tablet from discharging while in use. Surely 1A at most, but it suits my needs.

So, even if a full USB hub isn’t supported, the adapter+Y cable does work and at the end of the day I’m be able to use the Alldocube iPlay 20 Pro for its intended use, a media consumption/kitchen TV device. Made me bang my head against the wall for a while, but after all it was a great buy for the price!

USB-C to USB-micro adapter:
adattatore da USB-C a micro-USB fronte-retro

Y-split cable for Ethernet+power:
Cavo Y

2021-02-07 17:06:17
#13F

Quote #12F by @Gummy Bear Solid:

I'm leaving an update for whomever may need this information in the future: the USB-C to micro-USB adapter arrived, so I used it to connect the iPlay 20 Pro to my Y-split Ethernet/micro-USB cable and... it works! I'm able to…

Hello Gummy and others, thanks for your advices. I had the same problem with USB C and hub with hdmi, USB port, and USB c power port.  so I will use a HDMI dongle and cast tv to get the screen replicate of my tablet on the TV, but the only thing i need then is to use a cable or anything who works to get a usb female port for a dongle keyboard and also the usb c power to let the tablet charging. Could  you please help me to find the right one?

Gummy Bear Solid
2021-02-08 21:11:45
#14F

Quote #13F by @zgildasz:

Hello Gummy and others, thanks for your advices. I had the same problem with USB C and hub with hdmi, USB port, and USB c power port.  so I will use a HDMI dongle and cast tv to get the…

So basically you need:

A) a USB keyboard

B) working power socket to charge the tablet

The easiest solution that comes to my mind is to just use a bluetooth keyboard and plug the USB-C directly to the iPlay.

I’ve got a bluetooth keyboard and it’s pretty reliable with all of my devices. You can use a bt mouse together with it and get a totally wireless setup, which is nice and clean.

If you absolutely need a USB keyboard then sorry, but anything that resembles a Hub seems not to work on this device.

Anyways, I did a test for you. I have a USB otg thingy with a USB-A port and a micro-USB power pass-through lying around.

I just tested it with 1) one USB-C to micro-USB adaptor as a middle man, 2) a micro-USB Power cable from the otg adapter to the wall socket and 3) a USB keyboard in the USB-A adaptor socket to see if this setup might work, but it didn’t. There was no answer at all. In fact, it just killed my USB port entirely until I rebooted the tablet.

Maybe it’s just this adapter, maybe some other USB pass-through adapter would work, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

If your only need is a keyboard, I’d say go for a bluetooth keyboard. You’ve got a nice solution right in front of you. Batteries last a long time and you can even use rechargeables if you do many hours of typing a day, i.e. coding.

2021-02-09 21:02:36
#15F

Ok thanks Gummy for your detailed answer, so I need a new Bluetooth keyboard, not a wireless like the one i’ve got.

2021-08-25 05:26:31
#16F

Hello, guys. I was having a issue with another device and found a solution that might help. I am posting here so you all can try it and keep everyone updated. I was trying to connect a midi device into a motorola g7 plus and it was only working sometimes and with some apps. It solved when i went to settings > developer options > default usb setting > usb conection . The names may vary because i am roughly translating from my native language (brazilian portuguese). Would be glad to know if it works or not, if anyone can try it out

Starter
2021-08-25 07:39:07
#17F

These are the options I have in the “Default USB Setting” menu:

Screenshot_20210825-093307

2022-01-10 14:20:04
#18F

Hello.

Can somebody show me what kind of cable with HDMI I have to use with tablet to connect with TV. I tried one hub MHL but lack of connection with TV – lack of streaming from tablet.

Thank you in advance for support

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW