Home Page Forums General Discussion Windows 7 on Cube i7 Book

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Windows 7 on Cube i7 Book
|
2019-04-13 03:27:56
Starter
#1F
Replies: 2 | Views 5128 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 1

Hello. I own your amazing Cube i7 Book tablet and recently I update SSD from native 60Gb to 512Gb. Now I want to make grub4dos launcher or something like that and choose OS I prefer to run. Windows 10 runs like a charm. And I heard about Linux launch too. But I really need to install Windows Se7en. I heard Windows 7 64x supports UEFI, but I tried to install it and unsuccessfully. It has reboot loop when trying to start. Is it possible to install Windows 7 on Cube i7 Book? Thank you.

2019-04-15 09:28:46
#2F

When the UEFI machine starts win7, you need to manually add the relevant EFI boot file to the win7 64-bit ISO image (this question, Google  it  you should be able to find the appropriate answer).
You can start and install win7 under uefi, but there should be no driver support!

Starter
2019-04-17 20:02:23
#3F

Quote #2F by @win2tabless:

When the UEFI machine starts win7, you need to manually add the relevant EFI boot file to the win7 64-bit ISO image (this question, Google  it  you should be able to find the appropriate answer). You can start and install…

I’m afraid, but I can’t even install it. Look, I download Windows 7 64-bit OEM ISO image and create bootable USB with Rufus (I tried v2 and v3 also). I choose UEFI (non-CSM), GPT and FAT32 at Rufus settings. When I tried to run installer it stucks at “Starting Windows” black screen. Windows 10 installs like a charm. I even try to launch Windows 7 setup from Windows 10, but after reboot I also “Starting Windows” stuck for Windows 7 installer. I think it’s not cause of EFI boot file, but cause of UEFI/CSM problem and also driver problem.. I don’t know how to solve it still.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW