Home Page Forums General Discussion iPlay 20 Pro – OTG USB hub issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
iPlay 20 Pro – OTG USB hub issue?
|
2020-11-18 05:58:07
Starter
#1F
Replies: 17 | Views 7810 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 5

Hi

OTG via a single USB cable works fine: USB-C <—> USB-A

But OTG via a USB hub does not. I’ve tried a few different “OTG USB Hubs” and none work, whether “powered” on or not.

This is disappointing as all my other “OTG compatible” Android devices work with a OTG USB hub, enabling me to use a keyboard, mouse, headset and external storage all at the same time.

Perhaps the iPlay 20 Pro is missing drivers for a generic USB hub?

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

TIA

Pete

Raniyah
2020-11-18 14:21:19
#2F

I don’t know if this method would be helpful. But, try downloading a USB hub appliacation on your device. Since it shows connected devices and possible errors, it will be useful for you

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-11-28 05:56:25
#3F

Same issue. I bought a USB hub to connect the tablet via ethernet and charge it with a USB-C cable going up to the hub at the same time, all of which works perfectly fine on my phone but doesn’t on the iPlay 20 Pro. Bummer. I think at this point I’ll get a straight USB-C to USB-A cable and see if I can cascade a simple USB-A hub. Have you tried to do that?

Only once I was able to somehow have a hub-connected 8gb USB stick detected, light blinking and drive shown in the file manager but it didn’t last more than two seconds before turning off and I haven’t been able to reproduce it since.

2020-11-29 18:32:15
#4F

Same issue. Please give the solution.

Starter
2020-11-30 07:52:43
#5F

Quote #3F by @Gummy Bear Solid:

Same issue. I bought a USB hub to connect the tablet via ethernet and charge it with a USB-C cable going up to the hub at the same time, all of which works perfectly fine on my phone but doesn't…

“I’ll get a straight USB-C to USB-A cable and see if I can cascade a simple USB-A hub. Have you tried to do that?”

Yup. Doesn’t work. Disappointing.

I can only hope that it’s a missing driver which will be fixed up in a future firmware release.

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-11-30 15:04:57
#6F

Yes, a new firmware with a simple kernel update unlocking multiple OTG devices is much needed at this point. Let’s hope Alldocube reads us and delivers.

I ordered a micro USB/USB C adapter to see if at least my Ethernet/micro USB external power Y split cable works, I need both for the media center scope I bought the 20 Pro for…

My hopes aren’t very high but at least powering, if not the tablet itself, the Ethernet adapter externally would be something.

The alternative to the official firmware update would be a brick-proof, tried and tested guide to unlock+root and flash a new kernel.

2020-12-07 11:02:12
#7F

Same problem.sad. Tablet is almost useless for me.

2020-12-07 11:12:53
#8F

what cable do i need to connect a standard pc keyboard?

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-12-13 09:19:22
#9F

Quote #8F by @Whyobio:

what cable do i need to connect a standard pc keyboard?

For a single device, such as a standard USB keyboard, a simple OTG cable USB-C to USB-A such as the one in the picture will do.Usb-C-Adattatore-Otg-Tipo-C-Otg-Cabo-per-Huawei-P20-P30-Pro-Nexus-5X-Nexus

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-12-15 20:06:30
#10F

I just updated to the last firmware update (T1011S_V1.0_20201208) via OTA.

OTG USB hub still not working, though.

It seems like it was a mere Android security patches update.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Post a new Topic
SUBSCRIBE NOW