Community Page Forums Product Disscusion iPlay 20 Pro - OTG USB hub issue?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
iPlay 20 Pro - OTG USB hub issue?
|
2020-11-18 05:58:07
Starter
#1F
Replies: 10 | Views 566 | Favorites: 0 | Subscriptions: 2

Hi

OTG via a single USB cable works fine: USB-C <---> USB-A

But OTG via a USB hub does not. I've tried a few different "OTG USB Hubs" and none work, whether "powered" on or not.

This is disappointing as all my other "OTG compatible" Android devices work with a OTG USB hub, enabling me to use a keyboard, mouse, headset and external storage all at the same time.

Perhaps the iPlay 20 Pro is missing drivers for a generic USB hub?

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

TIA

Pete

--

Raniyah
2020-11-18 14:21:19
#2F

I don't know if this method would be helpful. But, try downloading a USB hub appliacation on your device. Since it shows connected devices and possible errors, it will be useful for you

Gummy Bear Solid
2020-11-28 05:56:25
#3F

Same issue. I bought a USB hub to connect the tablet via ethernet and charge it with a USB-C cable going up to the hub at the same time, all of which works perfectly fine on my phone but doesn't on the iPlay 20 Pro. Bummer. I think at this point I'll get a straight USB-C to USB-A cable and see if I can cascade a simple USB-A hub. Have you tried to do that?

Only once I was able to somehow have a hub-connected 8gb USB stick detected, light blinking and drive shown in the file manager but it didn't last more than two seconds before turning off and I haven't been able to reproduce it since.

2020-11-29 18:32:15
#4F

Same issue. Please give the solution.

Starter
2020-11-30 07:52:43
#5F

Quote #3F by @Gummy Bear Solid:

Same issue. I bought a USB hub to connect the tablet via ethernet and charge it with a USB-C cable going up to the hub at the same time, all of which works perfectly fine on my phone but doesn't…

"I'll get a straight USB-C to USB-A cable and see if I can cascade a simple USB-A hub. Have you tried to do that?"

Yup. Doesn't work. Disappointing.

I can only hope that it's a missing driver which will be fixed up in a future firmware release.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 11 total)
Post a new Topic